I thought I’d do a quick blog post on this as a lot of people evaluate VMware Virtual Machines on VMware Player, but a lot of times it is hard to change the Memory allocation. Here is a quick and easy way to do it when the Virtual Machine is off.
- Open the folder that the Virtual Machine is housed in and find the .vmx file
- Right click on the file and select to open it with notepad (or other similar text editor)
- Find the following line: memsize = “256” (Note the value may differ in your configuration)
- 256 means that the max amount of RAM allocated to the virtual machine, change this to the amount you want (measurement is in MB)
- Save the file and start up your virtual machine with the new RAM allocation
Hope this helps